Monday, November 21, 2011

Artist Statement:
       Before the project I did not know what I was going to make. After reviewing an article read in class, I came up with the big idea of fantasy. In this  fantasy there were going to be diamonds, chandeliers and glass. Basically everything was going to be as white as can be so that the images would be as bright as can be. 
       During the project, I struggled finding chandeliers and glasses that I wanted to put in the images. I managed to crop out many diamonds out of pictures of rings that I found on Facebook pages. The diamonds do a good job of brightening the images and the aspect of expensiveness makes the images more fantasized. I decided to add feathers and/or rose petals to make the first and last images more graceful. The second image is a more cold fantasy than the others and has a harsher tone because raining diamond drops would probably hurt. I also retrieved the pictures of feathers and petals off of the internet and cropped some of them out. 
       I think the images turned out pretty good. I am glad I could use the diamonds in all three of the images and they are not all of the same image, if that makes sense. It was difficult to make an abundance of feathers and that's something that would have also been a nice addition to any of the images. Even though, I am happy with the outcome of the fantasy project that I created. 


No comments:

Post a Comment