Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I would say that my journey to class is unique because I come from an already full morning with lift starting at 6:30 and another class before Art Ed. 252. Not all directions are the same here at Ohio State; we have a universal map of the campus, but we all have different paths to where we need to go.

The first few classes it rained all the way to class. I ride my bike, that's why my book-bag has mud stains on it. One of the worst things coming to class is all of the people who are not paying attention to their surroundings, therefor risking my safety and their own, because sometimes running into them is unavoidable. I'm actually on my 5th bike since I have been at OSU, maybe it is a sign that I should stop riding. 

Anyways, it's fairly easy to get to class, well once I'm past the intersection at Independence Hall. One of my favorite parts traveling to class is biking freely down the hill to the stadium. I normally arrive to class a few minutes early, just to take a couple deep breaths and enter the room. 

Explanation of project: 
My intent of this project was to cram all of my morning and trip to class in one picture. The photo looks very busy, because it is very busy. The different pictures of bikes are all of my own bike that i ride to class. There is a picture of my gymnastics team in the left corner because early in the morning, I have workouts with them. Also, the dark picture with the bike represents the morning, because it is dark when I wake up. I used a lot of fading layers and transparency in this photoshop so that we could pick out all of the layers. I used text boxes to make neat writing, but I also used the airbrush tool so that I could write with my mouse instead. I liked writing it myself because it gave the picture more of my personally and my own "touch". The map in the background is supposed to be something like the universal map that we all share. This map is what comes up when I search my directions from my first class to Art Ed. 252. The pictures were a little difficult to move around at first, I moved them by changing the scale back and forth.  This was a nice introduction to photoshop and it helped me learn much more about the application.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice job. I am looking forward to seeing more your work.

    ReplyDelete